In May 2015, I spearheaded the launch of The Current’s Rock and Roll Book Club: an online series of reviews and giveaways that let the station’s staff share some of the books they love. Among my favorite entries:
- Jade on Kim Gordon’s Girl in a Band
- Andrea Swensson on Jessica Hopper’s First Collection of Criticism By a Living Female Rock Critic
- Mac Wilson on Stephen Witt’s How Music Got Free
- David Safar on Fred Goodman’s Allen Klein: The Man Who Bailed Out the Beatles, Made the Stones, and Transformed Rock & Roll
- Mary Lucia on Rob Sheffield’s On Bowie
- My overnight hot take on Bruce Springsteen’s Born to Run
Currently, the Rock and Roll Book Club is a weekly on-air feature: Wednesday mornings at 8:30, I join Brian Oake and Jill Riley to talk about the book of the week. Tune in on the radio, online, or via the MPR Radio app.